The Canadian Pacific Blues Society
To promote Blues music, including all it’s sub genres, and keep it alive as a thriving musical art form with a presence in Vancouver & the Lower Mainland of British Columbia through live performances.
Canadian Pacific Blues Society Mandate:
- Educating and increasing the public’s understanding of Blues music by organizing and providing “Live” performances of blues musical works created by Canadian and International musicians.
- Creating and conducting educational Blues workshops, seminars, and tutorials for the public.
- Providing prizes for scholastic achievement in the field of Blues music research to increase the public’s awareness of Blues music in Canada.
- Establishing and supporting lectureships in Blues music at the community college level in Western Canada
- Doing all such things that are necessary and incidental to the attainment of the foregoing purposes and the exercise of the powers of the Society in ways which the law regards as charitable.